Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day meme (a day late)

Sorry it's late, but here it is. My friend, Emily, posted this meme on her blog.

How long were your labors?
I never went into labor with my son. I was induced at 38w (and a few days) due to high blood pressure. Even after a full day of pitocin drip, I made no progress, not even enough for the doc to break my water to try to get things moving.

I had a c-section for both kids....unfortunately, I was under the impression that the hospital where I delivered at didn't allow VBAC, so I was okay with it the second time around too. Now that I know different, our next kid (?) will be an attempted VBAC, even if it means that I don't show up there until the head is out.

How did you know you were in labor?
See above...never went into labor with my son.

I did experience some pre-term labor contractions with my daughter (at 34w and some days), and was given a shot of terbutaline to calm them. It worked, and even the contractions I did experience weren't strong enough to make any change to my cervix.

Where did you deliver?
At the hospital both times.

Drugs?
Spinal both times....I was numb from the waist down for a good hour after surgery.

Csection?
Yes, both times.....see above in regards to VBAC.

Who delivered?
My OB.....She's GREAT!

No comments: