Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jiffy Lube experience

Last week, I wanted, no NEEDED, an oil change for the car. Last time I went to good 'ol Walmart to get it & their price had skyrocketed to $30 for the minimum, so I told myself I wasn't going back there again (not to mention the fact that they didn't even get the right kind of oil in there, but that's a whole different story in itself). So, I called Jiffy Lube to see if they were busy, and whether or not they thought they'd be able to get it done while I was on my lunchbreak. There were a few cars in front of me when I arrived there, but there were plenty of techs around working on them, so I had no doubt that it wouldn't take very long at all. I was even prepared with a coupon to use (imagine that, right?!).

I must say, I was beyond impressed when the tech brought 2 different filters to me to ask if I wanted to have them replaced. Despite the fact that I had no idea what I was looking at, the tech was able to tell me what they were, how much they cost & why I should have them replaced. He wasn't pushy at all when I decided to only replace one. A few minutes later, he came back to tell me that my windshield wipers needed replacing (which I knew), and asked if I wanted him to do that as well. All in all, this took no more than 20 minutes from start to finish, including window washing and interior vacumming (which was badly needed, even if it was up front only).

Granted I spent $60, even with my coupon, but I got an oil change, new wiper blades, and some kind of filter (see, I still don't know what it is). Oh yeah, and I donated $3 to get a booklet of coupons to use at various places, including Jiffy Lube, throughout this year. Needless to say, I now consider myself one of Jiffy Lube's customers.

No comments: