Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Meaning of Time

The Meaning of Time

To understand the meaning of one year
Ask a student who was failed his exam

To understand the meaning of one month
Ask a mother who was given birth to a pre-mature baby

To understand the meaning of one week
Ask an editor of weekly magazine

To understand the meaning of one day
Ask a daily wage labor

To understand the meaning of one hour
Ask a girl who was waiting for her boy

To understand the meaning of one minute
Ask a person who has missed the train

To understand the meaning of one second
Ask a person who has survived an accident

To understand the meaning of one milli-second
Ask a printer who has won a silver medal in the Olympics

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; that's why they call it the
present

Eleanor Roosevelt


No doubt you've probably received this in an email forward in the past...I know I have, several times. Why then do you ask, did I post this? Well, because tonight on my way from work to pick the kids up from daycare, I just missed being in an accident. Just after crossing the highway, I heard squealing tires, a loud bang, a looked in my rear view mirror only to see a truck T-bone the car that was just behind me at the stop light, and was attempting to cross the highway. As much as I wanted to stop & see if I could help, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, all along thinking to myself how that was almost me, and this poem popped in my head, and I knew I needed to share, just in case.

No comments: